Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Camper Modifications

I wanted to write a post about the modifications I made to the camper while we still lived in our fifth wheel but honestly I was just to busy having fun.

Below are simple pictures and explanations of what we did.


I have a post about this kitchen modification here.


A post about the vent modification here.


A post about creating a place to do my makeup here.




I installed a new shower head (Oxygenics® BodySpa Handheld Shower Head).  It was about $40 and it is much better than the old one.  I also put a mount lower for my son who is 6 years old so that it is at a more convenient place for him.


Under one of the bunks that fold up there was originally a couch, however when we purchased the camper the couch had already been removed.  We put storage cubes on each side and made a desk.  Since we work from home this desk was a must for us.


This one is simple.  Add a command hook behind the toilet to hang the toilet wand.




With some unused wall space I created a command center for us as well as a storage area.  I used ThirtyOne organizing pouches on the wall that I already had before.  I added a "Menu" page and an "I Love You Because" page to the organizer because I could use an expo marker to change it whenever needed.  I also used Trone organizers from IKEA to hold shoes and other items.


More kitchen organization!  I used command hooks to hang measuring cups and pot holders,  I used a label maker to print out the size of each cup and put it next to each hook.


I used zip ties whenever we traveled to make sure the cabinets didn't open while on the road.  I learned the hard way about doing this because the first trip we took we opened up the fifth wheel after a day of driving to find all my Pyrex baking dishes had fell out of the cabinet above the refrigerator and there was glass everywhere.


I added shelves above the windows so that there is extra storage while parked.  The shelves are from IKEA.  They are actually picture ledges that I cut to size.


I hung up stuffed animal storage in each bunk.  My kids have tons of stuffed animals they like to play with but I didn't want them on the bed all the time taking up space.  I bought it from Amazon for $15 for both of them.  The pink bed organizer is from IKEA for $4.


I made curtains for the kids' bunks.  I used a shower curtain to hang them up and just bought fabric and sewed a curtain.  This way the kids have some sense of privacy.


These were just some of the camper modifications we did to make living in a camper more comfortable and convenient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment