Gulf Shores, Alabama - Our First Full Day of No Traveling

DAY THREE!! Told by Cody.


Woke up ready to run. The RV was perfectly level with everything outside hooked up running smoothly. I am sure that Natasha had mentioned it in the last post, but the Bay Breeze camp ground is gorgeous and the owners are just down right good people.

Once we got rolling and out the door. We made a stop in to the office to pay our bill, but ended up getting some great advise on local eateries and where the nearest fresh fish market is. We paid and off to do what my other half loves to do more than anything, SHOP!

Ten minutes up the road with one right turn is the main drag of Gulf Shores, AL. I am sure anyone who drives a full size large truck knows the struggle of parking in congested areas. I can honestly say that this area had no issues with parking. If you couldn’t get a spot in the lot of your destination there was a spot close.

There was one store that was all the rage on the net. Souvenir City has an awesome shark mouth you walk into when entering. It was very busy, but what do you expect in the summer in a touristy area. The place was hectic to navigate, but I thought the cashiers had it figured out. They would announce an open register and get you out of there ASAP. Good communication makes for a speedy stop. Next place we hit was just next door. The…… another souvenir spot. Typically, those type spots have the same stuff. These two had the same sort of stuff, but different at the same. The third stop was a surf shop. It had very cool shirts and hats, I bought one of each. Right now Tosh has me on a tank top kick, I picked up a couple of those as well. Got some goodies for the kids.




After the shopping spree came lunch. One of my personal favorite times of the day. We were going to hit a local spot call Steamers. It wasn’t gross and wasn’t fancy. It was absolutely my style. We ordered some oysters for appetizers then a seafood steamer plate built for two. Down in AL they know how to feed you. Built for two meant three would have been satisfied, but We, by that I mean I, pressed through. While stuffing my face I was reminded of a time I was in a nice restaurant with my dad when I lived in Cincinnati. He was not using the best manners and I became very frustrated. If my dad reads this I am sorry for getting mad. I felt so bad for Tosh. I was like a man who had not eaten in days. Peeling and stuffing my face.



We still had some shopping to do on the way back to the RV. The kind of camping that I am more comfortable with. Grocery store and fish market were all that was on the list. I do not remember the name of the grocery store, but it was just like Shnucks or a nice Kroger. The fish market me hit was exactly what you would expect from a home town type shop. It wasn’t quite like something out of Forest Gump, but the guys that ran it were nice and family like. Like we had known them for some time. Not only did that shop offer fresh seafood, but they also did boils with gumbo to go.

Back at the camper, we unloaded and organized the camper. While talking to the owners of the park a mention of a local’s beach was brought up. It was said to be just a couple miles down the road on the right. How hard could that be? Three U turns later and a log drive back into a wild life refuge that had three too many don’t feed the alligators signs, we found the beach. Just a 100 yard walk from the parking lot.

An hour on the beach was good for both of us. I love the sun and water, but not a huge fan of sand. Packed up and made the quick 6 minute drive back to the RV. There, it was clean up time and time for relaxation. Dinner was going to be one of those delicious sounding boils up around the corner. Took about thirty minutes to get made up. Gave me plenty of time to whip up some of my homemade French bread.

Sat down for dinner and once again it happened. I went embarrassingly going cave man style on some seafood. Both with full bellies and it getting late, the night was setting on the first full day in Gulf Shores, AL.

No comments:

Post a Comment